Posted by admin at December 1, 2020
2) A can lay railway track between two given stations in 16 days and B can do the same job in 12 days, with help of C, they did the job in 4 days only. Then, C alone can do the job in:
3) A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days can A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
4) A is thrice as good as workman as B and therefore is able to finish a job in 60 days less than B. Working together, they can do it in:
5) A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs.3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
6) If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 26 men and 48 boys can do the same in 2 days, the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys in doing the same type of work will be:
7) A can do a piece of work in 4hours; B and C together can do it in 3 hours, while A and C together can do it in 2 hours. How long will B alone take to do it?
8) A can do a certain work in the same time in which B and C together can do it. If A and B together could do it in 10 days and C alone in 50 days, then B alone could do it in:
9) A does 80% of a work in 20 days. He then calls in B and they together finish the remaining work in 3 days. How long B alone would take to do the whole work?
10) A machine P can print one lakh books in 8 hours, machine Q can print the same number of books in 10 hours while machine R can print them in 12 hours. All the machines are started at 9 A.M. while machine P is closed at 11 A.M. and the remaining two machines complete work. Approximately at what time will the work (to print one lakh books) be finished?